Twenty things about D L Jackson.
1. I'm a brunette though my children are working on turning me gray. I feel it is unjust that I can't use the blond excuse.
2. I'm not superstitious, but I believe in ghosts, aliens and things that go bump in the night.
3. I started writing, thinking that perhaps I should write and illustrate children's books. Now there's a scary thought.
4. I know from experience, that one should never, ever, no matter how inviting, or fun it looks like it might be, jump on the carcass of a hugely bloated cow lying out in the pasture. Bad, bad idea.
5. Most of the trouble I got into as a kid was because of my sister. See #4.
6. Nothing brings my husband running faster than the sound of his power tools, screaming in my hands.
7. My two best friends in High School, were guys.
8. I was in the Army for four years as a Military Intelligence Analyst with the 10th Mountain Division in Ft. Drum NY. I was one of two women placed in a combat arms unit as an experiment in the late 80's and early 90's when Uncle Sam was trying to figure out if it was a good idea or not. When asked why it is I went in the Army, "I tell them it was to get out of English class." And it was, initially. I made some terrific pictures with the little dots on the test. But the real reason, the reason I raised my hand and swore to defend this country... It's my country. It's a great country with a lot of liberties to enjoy. I'd like to keep it that way. So what can I say? I am a Patriot.
9. I've been roped by a cowboy. Okay so Granddad had some cute cowboys living next to the ranch.
10. Jumping from an airplane is on my list of things to do.
11. I'm named after my father. His name is Larry. I bet you thought I was going to say Don.
12. I am told that I am stubborn. My husband says I never listen, I tell him "Honey I Listen, then do what I want to do anyway."
13. I like to think I'm an artist, but I'm still working on it.
14. I'm left handed and Dyslexic. I spent a great deal of my early school years in Special Education.
15. I'm an avid fan of men in uniforms and a firm believer the world needs more.
16. I practiced the Martial Arts and made it all the way to my Recommended Black Belt. I hope to pick up where I left off real soon.
17. I know how to ride and jump a dirt bike and I used to flag at a moto-cross track in the summer as a teenager.
18. I'm a crack shot with a rifle and was a M-60 Machine gunner for the Division Artillery TOC. (Target Operations Center)
19. I believe in Life, Liberty and the pursuit of a damn good cup of iced coffee.
20. For over 20 years I have wondered what it is that I really wanted to do with my life. I been pushed to go to art school, and dug my heels in (see #12). I've served my time as a soldier, a custodian for a hospital, a manager for an arts, crafts and fabric store, waited tables, flipped burgers. I've been a banking supervisor, an IRA clerk, a cowgirl and aerobic instructor... But nothing has felt right until now. At last I've found a place to channel my creative energies, and laugh while I do it. I must say, I'm having a blast.